VictorE JamborE was packed!

I would first like to thank everyone that came out to the Animal House!  You all made it an awesome night!  I love what I do and I’m so thankful I have such great fans!!

My father passed away from cancer one year ago on Feb 18 2011.  This was the anniversary date of him passing.  I knew myself, my family, and his close friends would be really thinking about him on this day, as we do every day!  I wanted to throw a great party so we could all be surrounded with great folks.  You all made that possible!

This last week I played and sang five days in a row…when Saturday finally came I was pretty wiped out and my voice was pretty shot.  All day Saturday I was trying to get a nap but I was to excited about the show.  I gargled hot salt water with lemon juice, yeah it tastes good, lol.  I was drinking hot tea, orange juice and eating cough drops all day.  Then when you all started rolling in and I got to visit with everyone, I became very energized again!
The band my Dad started up, Free Noise, start off the night and did a great job!  My cousin Jared Wells got up with them and played “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd as a tribute to my Dad.  I noticed my Grandma was standing right upfront, then joined by my Aunt Sandy.  I went up there and, then my Mom, and Sister Jess all joined in by the end of the song.  It was hard to listen but at the same time it was very touching.  At the end of their set I went up and played “The Sugar Creek Song” which is a song that my dad wrote.  The Sugar Creek Song has become an anthem to the hard core Free Noise fans!  Click Here and hear my Dad singing “The Sugar Creek Song”.  I recorded them before dad became to sick to play.  It was recorded in “The Shed” where they would practice.


I started right about 9:30, I really wasn’t sure what I was going to start with until about 2 minutes before I started playing…I quit making set lists because I never follow them  I decided to start with Jethro Tull’s Locomotive Breathe.  My Dad was a huge Jethro Tull fan!  I think I did some Johnny Cash after that…The crowd was very into the music and I was having the time of my life.  I tend to move around a lot when I’m playing and really getting into it.  I don’t really notice it when I’m playing, but when I see video that people post or pictures, I’m like, “I was doing that”..LOL!   I ended up playing for about an hour and a half straight, I didn’t want to stop but I really had to pee…lol.  I came back up and started jammin some more, but then I promised my grandma I would play a slow song so she could dance.  And one of my bestest fans wanted to hear “Wanted Dead Or Alive” so I made sure to do that, it’s always a hit because everyone sings the back up part “waaanted”.  Then I kinda got a little carried away and started doing a medley of some great classic rock guitar riffs!  That was fun, everyone got into that I think!  I played my song “Cancer”, I was getting some shout outs from the crowd for me to play it.  I can’t help but feel good when people want to hear my original music!  I finished about 1 am and had a great time the whole night!


Thank you all again!  I can’t do this without you!

Jason Wells

ps I will be releasing my music video “Friend Or Foe” through my newsletter in about 1-2 weeks.  You can sign up on my homepage if you would like.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.